Are you looking to take your parkour training to the next level? Joining a parkour gym is a great way to access specialized equipment and training from experienced coaches. But with so many options out there, it can be difficult to know where to start. Here’s a guide to help you find the perfect parkour gym for you.
- Research online: The internet is a great resource for finding parkour gyms in your area. Start by searching for “parkour gym [your city]” and see what comes up. Look at the gym’s website, read reviews, and check out their social media pages to get a sense of their facilities, coaching style, and class schedule.
- Ask for recommendations: Chances are, you know someone who practices parkour or has done it before. Ask them where they train, and if they’re happy with their gym. They can give you an inside look into the gym, the coaches, and the community.
- Look for certifications and safety measures: Safety should be a top priority when choosing a parkour gym. Look for gyms that are certified by reputable organizations, such as the United States Parkour Association (USPA) or the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG). These organizations have strict safety guidelines and conduct regular inspections to ensure that gyms are meeting their standards. Additionally, check if the gym has safety measures in place like crash pads, spotters and safety protocols.
- Consider your goals: Are you looking to compete, or are you just looking to improve your skills and have fun? Different gyms may have different focuses, so it’s important to find one that aligns with your goals. If you’re looking to compete, look for gyms with a strong competition team. If you’re just looking to improve your skills and have fun, look for gyms with a variety of classes and a focus on community building.
- Check out the facilities: Before joining a gym, it’s important to visit and check out the facilities. Look for a gym that has a variety of equipment, including obstacles, crash pads, and training areas. Additionally, make sure that the gym is clean and well-maintained.
- Observe a class: If possible, try to observe a class before committing to joining a gym. This will give you a sense of the coaching style, the level of the athletes, and the overall atmosphere of the gym.
- Don’t be afraid to shop around: Joining a gym is a big commitment, so don’t feel pressured to join the first gym you visit. Take your time and visit multiple gyms to find the one that’s the best fit for you.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to finding the perfect parkour gym for you. Remember to be patient and don’t be afraid to shop around. With the right gym, you’ll have access to specialized equipment, experienced coaches, and a community of fellow parkour enthusiasts to train with.